Nova Scotia Update:
0 new deaths
1 new hospitalization (8 total)
0 new ICU cases (3 total)
2 new cases (1055 total)
1136 tests done
2 new recoveries (977 total)
19 active cases (no change, 1.8% of cases are active, 98.2% are concluded)
NS has 0 new deaths today. 52/59 (88%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 56/59 (95%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities have reported cases, just Northwood with active cases). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with just 1 death in the last 33 days and limited, if any new cases. Yesterday, 1136 tests were completed with just 2 new cases reported. 98.2% of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded. As of today, there are just 19 active cases in TOTAL, just 3 of which are outside LTC.
- NS has 59 deaths, making the death rate 59/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 180/1M
- Global rate is 45.9/1M
- US rate is 306/1M
- Austria rate is 74/1M
- *Spain is 578/1M
- Sweden is 413/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's new data strategy may mean their data takes a few days to iron out as it bounces around until they get it right. For now, I'll just continue to report on their totals as the daily data won't have much meaning at the moment.
- Austria had 2 deaths. They are at 25 days under 1% including 18/19 under 0.5%.
- The rate of increase in Canada inched up to nearly 2%. This marks 13 days in a row at 2.1% or less.
- The US rate of increase spiked a bit yesterday, up to 1.5%, their highest in a week. They are still at 20 days in a row under 2.12%.
- Sweden maintained yesterday, their increase still up over 2%, meaning 14 of the last 19 days are under 2% including 9 of the last 12.