Nova Scotia Update:
1 new death
0 new hospitalizations
0 new ICU cases, 1 moved back to a regular bed
14 new cases (985 total)
455 tests done
14 more people recovered (638 total)
309 active cases (-1, 31% of cases are active, 69% are concluded)
NS has 1 new death today, it occurred at Northwood, unfortunately. 32/38 (84%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 36/38 are from long term care in general (10 different facilities are reporting cases). As it stands, 95% of deaths and 36% of all cases (350/985) are from long term care facilities. Outside of LTC, NS continues to perform very well day after day. Yesterday, 455 tests were completed with just 14 new cases reported. 69% (+1%) of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded.
The new visual will be updated later once Northwood updates their data
- NS has 38 deaths, making the death rate 38/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 98/1M
- Global rate is 31.5/1M
- US rate is 206/1M
- Austria rate is 68/1M
- Spain is 533/1M
- Sweden is 262/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of maintained its lowest level yet, well under 1%, tied with yesterday for its lowest daily death toll since March 19!
- Austria further reduced their excellent rate of increase, just 0.33%, more great news.
- The rate of increase of death in Canada fell to just over 3%, our lowest since March 30, the continuation of a downward trend.
- The US rate of increase fell again and is now under 2%, their lowest rate of change since this all began, 4th day of decline in a row.
- Sweden also had another significant decrease yesterday with a rate of increase of just 0.37%!
- This is easily the best overall day we've seen yet (internationally), and this is the 2nd day in a row I've been able to say that!