Nova Scotia Update:
3 new deaths
0 new hospitalizations
0 new ICU cases
6 new cases (991 total)
454 tests done
14 more people recovered (652 total)
298 active cases (-11, 30% of cases are active, 70% are concluded)
NS has 3 new deaths today, all occurred at Northwood, unfortunately. 35/41 (85%, +1%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 39/41 are from long term care in general (11 different facilities are now reporting cases). As it stands, 95% of deaths and 36% of all cases (358/991) are from long term care facilities. Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day. Yesterday, 454 tests were completed with just 6 new cases reported. 70% (+1%) of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded.
The new visual will be updated later once Northwood updates their data
- NS has 41 deaths, making the death rate 41/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 103/1M
- Global rate is 32.6/1M
- US rate is 210/1M
- Austria rate is 69/1M
- Spain is 538/1M
- Sweden is 271/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase maintained its lowest level yet, well under 1%.
- Austria also maintained their excellent rate of increase, just 0.33%, more great news.
- The rate of increase of death in Canada ticked up slightly, but still well under 5%.
- The US rate of increase declined further, still well under 2%, their lowest rate of change since this all began, 5th day of decline in a row.
- Sweden jumped back up again yesterday with an increase of over 3%.
- Not quite as universally good news as the last 2 days but overall still a very good day all around.